YCIS Chongqing provides a holistic education that helps build balanced and responsible individuals. Our students excel in academics, from languages to maths and science, history, and geography. Art, music, sports, community service and leadership opportunities also contribute to developing an impressive and diverse student body that is well prepared for the future.
Top in Academics
YCIS Chongqing students are known for their excellence in academics, including stellar examination results and overall scholastic achievement. A rigorous academic programme, paired with a holistic approach to education, is one of the main reasons why YCIS Chongqing graduates continue to be accepted into top-ranked universities around the world.
- YCIS is the only international school registered with the Ministry of Education in Chongqing since 2001
- Accredited by International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), the Council of International Schools (CIS), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- The only school in Chongqing to offer the International Baccalaureate’s Diploma Programme (IBDP)
- An approved Cambridge International Examinations Centre (CIE)
- College Board authorised test centre to offer and administer SAT tests in Chongqing
IGCSE and A Level:
- Our recent IGCSE cohorts surpassed world averages at A*-A, as well as A*-C
- One of our graduates achieved “Top in the World” for IGCSE Mathematics
- One of our 2016 graduates achieved 8 A * at IGCSE and 100% A and A* in his A Level exams
- Our final cohort of A Level students (2018) achieved 100% A*-C grades
Champions in Sports
The all-rounded education at YCIS Chongqing goes beyond the classroom to include after-school sports and Co-Curricular Programme. Athletic events and team building play a critical role in the development of globally competitive citizens who are prepared to meet and exceed the challenges of the future.
YCIS Chongqing students compete in two of the most popular leagues amongst international schools in China: Southern China International Schools Athletic Conference (SCISAC) and the Association of China and Mongolia International Schools (ACAMIS).
Honoured in the Community
YCIS Chongqing students have many opportunities to interact with and support not only the local community, but organisations all over the world. With the school motto of “align with culture and arts”, as well as “align with love and charity”, YCIS students continue to develop their own, individual characters while actively participating as a part of the greater society.