Conquering The Stage At YCIS Chongqing
On December 9, 2020, YCIS Primary held its Public Speaking Contest. Year 5 and Year 6 students dueled in a very competitive competition to see who would be crowned king of the stage. All students gained confidence and learned the value of speaking to others.
After a very competitive Learning community competition, seven Year 5 students and eleven Year 6 Students were chosen to compete in the Grand Final in the Great Hall. Students worked extremely hard to prepare for this event, and their performances proved it!
Year 5 spent the last month studying Myths and Legends. They showed us their favorite Myths by passionately displaying their storytelling talent. Nadia Mierzejewska and Ain Yun took first place in Year 5 performing their own Myth, How The Rainbow Was Created.
- Nadia Mierzejewska, Ain Yun. - How the Rainbow Was Created
- Paul Gaudemard, Allen Wang, Giorgio Gaiazzi – The Legend Of Icarus
- Tang Tang He, Angelina Lai – The Treasure Pot
Year 6 delivered inspiring speeches based on their Topic: A Future With Infinite Possibilities.
In Contest A, Terresa Tang finished first with her speech, Where’s My Homework? She taught us to be more responsible and avoid losing things that are important to us.
- Teresa Tang – Where’s My Homework
- Charlotte Shin – Don’t Judge a Book By It’s Cover
- Andy Lee – Taking Public Transit Is Better Than Taking A Car
In Contest B, Ryan Chen inspired us to put down our phones and computers, and to focus more on the important things in life. He took first place with his speech, Finding Your Media Balance.
- Ryan Chen – Finding Your Media Balance
- Eason Zhang – Stuck In Traffic
- Vivianna Zhang – What Will The World Be Like In 2050?